Monday, November 15, 2010

go environment

Just a quick note to show you our final youth group project.  We had our ceremony this afternoon with the other 5 training towns to present what we have been working on for the past few months.  We hammered holes in all of the bottle caps and sewed them one by one onto the rice/coffee bags using thick string... pretty time consuming but well worth it!



Not All Trash Is Trash

I guess I'm a little biased, but I think our project was the best of everyone's.  Other groups made bracelets out of plastic bags, piñatas, change purses out of chip bags and zippers, and a small "house" out of 3 liter soda bottles.  We're hoping to hang it in the park in Santa Teresa on Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Very, very nice, Meg!
    Tried calling you last night but I got a message in spanish so I wasn't sure if my voicemail went through.
    Good luck swearing in today. Congratulations!!!! I wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Have fun and take lots of pictures.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go away for 5 days and wow YOU accomplish so much. Impressive group of talented volunteers. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving. You'll be in our thoughts. I will be sure to mention you at our table this holiday.xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg,

    It's Anne:) I can't figure out how to get my comment to POST...not sure how to select the profile so I will work on this:) I am feeling quite technically challenged!

    Anyway...from one "Artist" to another...I think your project ROCKS and I just may steal your idea and use it with Katrina's after school class:)

    We miss you and are so proud of the amazing work you are doing. Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete